Maintaining your new floor is an important part of the process, as this will prolong the life of your floors. Dirt is the most common form of wear. At Floor Sure we can arrange to come out and maintain your floors for you or we can recommend products available for DIY use.
Proper maintenance is often the most overlooked aspect of timber flooring projects. Preventative maintenance includes:
- The installation of adequate mats at all entrances and high traffic areas
- Felt protectors on furniture legs to prevent scratching
- On-going maintenance includes proper cleaning methods and use of protective products
- Regular inspection for signs of wear and re-coating before wear-through of the finish occurs.
- Remembering never to wet mop a timber floor!